Monday, August 15, 2011

The Accidental Minister

So this is as weird for me as it is for you. Randomly I am now an ordained minister. Also, I at one point had a typo on minister (Minster) which apparently means Church or Parrish. I feel kind of bad about this as a devout Christian. Sort of negates the whole like $50k seminary thing..... But I suppose I am only technically allowed to perform marriage ceremonies. As a devout Christian where does that place me? It was literally a totally hilarious accident that I was ordained as a minister. By, "ordained," I mean I as a joke filled out this checklist and was immediately ordained on-line... At first I thought this was a scam or a joke. Then, however I discovered that it included a license number which is all too true.

What I find really interesting is that I have no idea how far my ordination extends. Wouldn't it be so awesome if I could actually perform same-sex marriages? I mean, am I only licensed in NE? Because in NE we apparently only allow men and women to get married. To clarify I mean a man can marry a woman w no deviation from that pattern. It's amusing to think what future generations will think of that fact!

So the whole joke about becoming a minister on-line in like 1/2 hour is totally true. Except that it took like 5 minutes. Only because my Internet is slow. I really did not think it would really happen. Especially as I am actually a devout Christian. So if you run into my Mom, please reassure her this legitimately was an accident....

No comments:

Post a Comment